Hi. I am currently using a serverless Weaviate cluster.
It seems that serverless clusters are only allowed to use GCS backup according to
backup-gcs module is activated, other
backup modules are not.)
- Is there a way to use other backup methods?
- Is there a way to delete a previous backup? (which seems to be saved in
- Is there a way to overwrite to a previous backup?
- Is there an upper limit to the number of backups saved in Weaviate’s backup GCS per project?
Thank you for your help in advance
Hi @Jinhyun_Bang ! Welcome to our community
For Managed WCS clusters, we will take care of backups for you.
- It is not possible to use other backup methods, while using WCS, as of now.
- You cannot delete previous backup, unless you host Weavaite yourself and can remove the corresponding id from the bucket it gets stored
- Similarly, you cannot overwrite previous backup, again, unless you host Weaviate yourself and can remove the corresponding id from the bucket it gets stored.
- I don’t know the answer for this one . I have asked internally and will get back to your when I get that information
Let me know if this helps. We would love to understand better your requirements.
Hi @Jinhyun_Bang !!
On top of the daily backups that clusters hosted in WCS gets, we keep the “ad-hoc” backups (the ones you generated yourself) for at least 30 days.
This is of course not a hard limit, and depending on your requirements, we can think of a different policies.