Error when using relativeScoreFusion as fusion_type in hybrid search

I’m using hybrid search and trying to get the relativeScoreFusion. The line in question:

.with_hybrid(query=query, alpha=0.5, vector=embedded_query, fusion_type=HybridFusion.RELATIVE_SCORE)

Unfortunately whenever I look for matching chunks in Weaviate while using this search I run into the following error:

‘Argument “hybrid” has invalid value {query: “What is an elephant?”, vector: [0.00557935…], alpha: 0.5, fusionType: relativeScoreFusion}. In field “fusionType”: Unknown field.’, ‘path’: None}]}

I’m using weaviate-client version 3.23.2, which includes the functionality, if I’m not mistaken. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi!

I was not able to reproduce this. :frowning:

What version of the server are you running?

Here is a full python notebook I have crafted using latest versions:
python client 4.4.4
server version 1.23.9

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick response! The Notebook works… Then it could only be the server version 1.19.8 that is causing this issue?

Most certain.

A lot have hapenned since this version. Well, to be fair, a lot is happening in each new version.

For example, 1.24 just entered at release candidate, bringing alog other new features and improvements, the much awaited named vectors:

So I would suggest backing up your cluster and upgrading both the cluster and the client.

Note that, the pyhon client 4.4.4 has retrocompatibility with v3 code, so it should work fine.

However, we strongly suggest migrating your code to v4, as v3 will not receive new features and will only have security patchs for some time.

Let me know if this helps or if there is anything more I can do to help!

Thanks for using Weaviate :hugs:

2 Likes