Update inverted indices: put inverted indices props:no bucket for prop '<property_name>' found

I got an exception while batch inserting:

weaviate.exceptions.WeaviateInsertManyAllFailedError: Every object failed during insertion. Here is the set of all errors: update inverted indices: put inverted indices props: no bucket for prop 'length' found

I got the following exception for some more properties too.

update inverted indices: put inverted indices props: no bucket for prop 'name' found

But the count of objects in the collection is incremented even after this exception “WeaviateInsertManyAllFailedError”.

How to resolve this issue and why is this issue? Thanks in advance

Hi!

Can you consistently reproduce this error?

If you could, sharing the code that led to it would help understand what were the steps that led to it.

Let me know if this helps!

I followed the similar approach for creating data objects and batch inserting the data.

for i in range(5):
       properties = {"question": f"Test Question {i+1}"}
      data_object = wvc.data.DataObject(
            properties=properties,
            vector = vectors
        )
       data_objects.append(data_object)

collection.data.insert_many(data_objects)

Seeing the total number of objects increased in the collection, when I tried fetching the objects using a filter by property names, I am facing the following exception

weaviate.exceptions.WeaviateQueryError: Query call with protocol GRPC search failed with message explorer: list class: search: object search at index <collection_name>: local shard object search <collection_name_5xxxxx>: fetch doc ids for prop/value pair: nested query: nested child 0: nested query: nested child 2: bucket for prop <property_name> not found - is it indexed?.

But when I read all the objects in the collection, I can get the objects in the result.

for item in collection.iterator(include_vector=True):
        print(item.uuid, item.properties,item.vector)

We also ran into this error this week, querying Weaviate was not possible anymore, the error from the Weaviate log was as follows:

{"action":"hybrid","build_git_commit":"unknown","build_go_version":"go1.21.13","build_image_tag":"unknown","build_wv_version":"1.25.11","error":"explorer: get class: vector search: object vector search at index pagenode_v4: shard pagenode_v4_Lly8mf7irQs5: build inverted filter allow list: fetch doc ids for prop/value pair: nested query: nested child 0: bucket for prop req_permissions_nullState not found - is it indexed?","level":"error","msg":"denseSearch failed","time":"2024-09-04T08:33:27Z"}

Interestingly, also backups were not possible anymore, with the following error messages (error actually occurred while backing up another collection than the one that shows the error while querying):

{"action":"create_backup","backup_id":"2024-09-04-page_v4","build_git_commit":"unknown","build_go_version":"go1.21.13","build_image_tag":"unknown","build_wv_version":"1.25.11","level":"error","msg":"upload backup class Page_v4 descriptor: list shard WiRWeiVpM70X files: node name: failed to execute query: could not get shard owner: shard not found: \u003cnil\u003e","time":"2024-09-04T08:50:29Z"}
{"action":"create","backup_id":"2024-09-04-page_v4","build_git_commit":"unknown","build_go_version":"go1.21.13","build_image_tag":"unknown","build_wv_version":"1.25.11","level":"error","msg":"coordinator: backup class Page_v4 descriptor: list shard WiRWeiVpM70X files: node name: failed to execute query: could not get shard owner: shard not found","time":"2024-09-04T08:50:31Z"}

A restart of Weaviate fixed these issues, just wanted to let you guys know as these problems seem to be in some way interconnected as they occurred at the same time for us.

hi @andrewisplinghoff !

What is the version you are running?

THanks!

This was on Weaviate 1.25.11 (it’s part of the log messages btw).