We are happy to announce the release of Weaviate
1.19, which brings a set of great features, performance improvements, and fixes:
- Group by arbitrary property – The groupBy option has been introduced to Get object retrieval, so you can group search results by any property.
- New (or improved) Data Types – Datatypes changes with text having faster filtering & more tokenization options while deprecating string to reduce complexity, and adding uuid to allow efficient uuid storage.
- Generative Cohere Module – Combines the best of Weaviate, retrieving and searching relevant documents with the generative capabilities of the models that Cohere is cooking up!
- Tunable Consistency for Vector Search and GraphQL Get Requests – Consistency tuning with replication is now available for vector search with Get requests.
- gRPC API support(experimental) – gRPC API support slowly being trialled, with some big potential for speedups.